Saturday, 17 November 2007

Red Sky at night.......Lewis out of season

I had forgotten how beautiful it can be here on Lewis. Silly, really. All this blogging and looking for a new life partner online loses your perspective sometimes. But this afternoon the kids and the dog and some good friends and I went up to Tolsta beach - to run around on the long-deserted sands, to watch the immense sunset and to be reminded of the wild and breathtaking beauty of the place.

My retired racing greyhound spent the time running and drinking water from the peaty stream; my littlest drew pictures in the sand and my grown-up daughter (well, she thinks she is) took the other children wading amongst the rocks. We finished with sweet tea from a flask and mince pies for the kids just as dusk fell.

I'm not sure there's a place in the world that I'd rather be right now.

No comments: