Sunday, 2 December 2007

Back from the smoke

I've just returned from a weekend in London, meeting some old friends. Reunions! They're enough to provoke a mid-life crisis. I thoroughly enjoyed myself (feeling a bit fragile today) but the early race back through Heathrow and Edinburgh was a bit much.

Had a lovely lunch in Edinburgh with a lovely man. He knows who he is! Thank you for your company.

Feeling very upbeat about the business this week: we are fully booked all week, and until the schools break up. Not full as in high occupancy, but we at least have people in each room.

And Kate came over this evening for a quick refuel and a cup of tea - her daughter is labouring away in the hospital. She can have the spare room as a stopgap tonight to stop her having to drive all the way home and missing the great event. I will be the first to post the great news when the baby comes.

So: babies, trips away, full bookings and nice lunches. What a great end to a week!

No comments: